Structure and team
Bournemouth Airport is part of Regional & City Airports (RCA), a leading UK regional airport operator. RCA’s vision is to help smaller regional airports to prosper through effective management and collaboration, enabling them to benefit from the economies of scale and sharing of best practice traditionally enjoyed by larger hub airports.
Our cargo services team has decades of aviation and cargo experience. Meet your UK air cargo specialists:
- Steve Gill, Managing Director
- Tim Etches, Operations Director
- Bob Matharoo, Head of Cargo
- Rob Johnson, Aviation & Cargo Development Manager
Call today +44 (0) 1202 364 110
Bournemouth Airport is committed to net zero carbon emissions from airport operations fully within its own control by 2040 at the latest. The airport is a member of the Airport Carbon Accreditation scheme.
Cargo First is committed to working with Bournemouth Airport to play its part in reducing its environmental impact.
Cargo First is growing rapidly and is always on the lookout for new talent. See open roles below for the cargo division, or visit Bournemouth airport careers page for other vacancies at Bournemouth Airport.
No previous experience necessary – Full training provided
We are currently looking for motivated and hard-working team members to join our expanding Cargo team.
To provide the necessary under-wing ground support services to aircraft as required by our airlines. This includes (but not be limited) to the loading and unloading of baggage and cargo and mail, sorting and transporting baggage to and from the aircraft and the operation of specialist ground servicing equipment.
- Unload passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
- Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
- Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
- Load/unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to designated location
- Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
- Placement of chocks and cones around the aircraft
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment which may include baggage tugs, baggage carts, aircraft steps, belt loaders, tow bars, container loaders, water/lavatory service trucks, cargo dollies and passenger vans
- Collect and load live animals and dangerous goods on onto aircraft
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with BIA Handling Ltd Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security always
- Aircraft Cleaning
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and experience needed for the role:
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply a flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift to 32kg throughout a shift
- Able to work as part of a team in a challenging environment
- A full driving licence
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment would be an advantage although not essential
Salary and hours:
£9.71 per hour
If you are interested email your CV along with a covering letter/e-mail explaining why you would be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: If you have not heard from us within four weeks please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.